Hiring Mid to Senior Level Restoration Engineer in Chicago
DESMAN’s Chicago office is looking for a Mid to Senior Level Restoration Engineer to investigate, analyze, and design repair and maintenance solutions for parking structures, plazas, building envelopes, roofs, and other types of built structures. The engineer will have a background and interest in structures, investigations, and materials that are used to develop solutions that ultimately add value and longevity to the structure. A minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience in the restoration of built structures is required and a focus on structured parking decks is preferred.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities Include
- Experience in performing condition assessments, investigations, field testing, and construction observation;
- Strong communication and writing skills for production of technical reports, field reports, and other communications with clients and the design team;
- Experience in performing analysis of field data, structural analysis, computer modeling, developing repair alternatives, and spreadsheet cost estimations;
- Experience or interest in restoration design in a team environment to manage production and development of engineered project drawings, details and specifications; review project submittals, shop drawings and confirmation of field material quantities as part of construction administration services;
- Experience in project management and assistance with project coordination and meetings with the client and team members;
- Experience in business development including tracking opportunities, writing of letter, RFQ and RFP proposals, client interviews. Must have strong organization, reporting and follow-up skills;
- Bachelor’s degree or better in civil or structural engineering. Work experience in evaluation and repair of existing structures is required;
- Professional licensure in civil or structural engineering is required;
- Ability and willingness to seek and secure licensure in other states preferred;
- Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal);
- Knowledge and experience using Autocad is not required but is a plus;
- Ability to work in the office and in the field. This role will require occasional travel locally and outside the local area.
Benefits & Perks
In addition to competitive compensation, DESMAN offers full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, 401(K) plan, company-provided life insurance, disability income protection, tuition reimbursement, commuter benefits, and more.
Send resumes to CAREERS@DESMAN.COM