DESMAN, Inc. is looking for a Restoration Engineers in our downtown Cleveland and Chicago offices to investigate, analyze, and design repair and maintenance solutions for parking structures, plazas, building envelopes, roofs, and other types of built structures. The engineer will need to have strong communication skills for working with clients and the design team. The engineer should have a background and interest in structures, investigations, and materials that are used to develop solutions which ultimately add value and longevity to the clients project.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities Include
- Experience or interest in performing condition assessments, investigations, field testing, construction observation,
- Experience or interest in developing technical experience for different types of structural systems such as: prestressed concrete, post-tensioned concrete, steel, masonry, or timber;
- Experience or interest in analysis of field data, structural analysis, computer modeling, developing repair alternatives, spreadsheet cost estimations;
- Strong communication and writing skills for technical reports, field reports, and other communications with clients and the design team.
- Experience or interest in restoration design in a team environment for project drawings and specifications; review project submittals and shop drawings as part of construction administration services;
- Experience or interest in project management and assistance with project coordination and meetings with the client and team members;
- Bachelor’s degree or better in civil or structural engineering. Work experience in evaluation and repair of existing structures is preferred;
- EIT status preferred, not required; employees are encouraged to seek professional licensure;
- Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal);
- Proficient knowledge and experience using Autocad, experience in Revit a plus;
- Proficient using MS Office suite;
- Ability to work in the office and in the field. This role may require occasional travel locally and outside the local area.
Benefits And Perks
In addition to competitive compensation, DESMAN offers full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, 401(K) plan, company-provided life insurance, disability income protection, tuition reimbursement, commuter benefits, and more.
DESMAN is an architectural/engineering firm that was founded on the principles of providing good sound Design Management in order to deliver the best product to our clients. The name DESMAN is an acronym for Design Management that is used to remind us of our philosophy every day. Listen, Learn and then Design. With more than 100 employees in 9 locations nationwide, we collaborate seamlessly across all time-zones encouraging the creative process and sharing ideas.
LOOKING FOR a self-starter who can wear several hats in our fast-paced all-inclusive marketing department. We are looking for one person for our downtown New York and Chicago locations. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in several aspects of marketing with an emphasis on proposal preparation. This is not a social media management position.
- Proposal development for any of our 9 office locations – Your priority will be working with principals, project managers, and technical staff to develop relevant materials in INDD per official Request for Proposals (RFPs) from municipalities, universities, medical institutions, private sectors..etc.
- Creating presentations for interviews, speaking engagements, conferences..etc.
- Develop and maintain support material: boilerplate, resumes, project sheets, images, testimonials, brochures, advertisements..etc. Maintain brand consistency and identity throughout DESMAN's nine office locations.
- Design sensibility is desired. Some graphics capabilities would be a plus.
- Tradeshows -- Assist with design/graphics for booths for industry conferences, prep materials and giveaways, event planning.
There is opportunity to also work on these marketing initiatives:
- Press Releases for industry magazines and social media announcements.
- Create, initiate and maintain marketing campaigns, corporate branding, email blasts.
- Internal Newsletter - Research and write content and design layout in InDesign for The Buzz.
- Update website content using HTML and programs (don't need to know but willing to learn).
- Assist with Search Engine Optimization.
- Minimum Education: Prefer a bachelor’s degree but would make an exception for someone with industry proposal experience.
- 1+ year experience in an office setting, preferably in A/E/C or other professional services industry• Knowledge of Adobe CC Suite, especially InDesign CC
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to speak and write clearly
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to define and meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task by working on multiple long- and short-term projects
If you would like to join a dynamic, energized and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, send your cover letter and resume. NOTE: This is not a social media position - please do not forward resumes for that position.
Job Type: Full-time
DESMAN seeking a Project Manager/Structural Engineer with bachelor’s degree to join our Denver, CO team. We are seeking a candidate with 4-6 years of progressive experience in the design of concrete, masonry and steel structures. P.E. license is preferred. Pluses include; excellent oral and written communication skills, knowledge of building codes, computer engineering programs (Enercalc, ETABS, RISA, SAFE), AutoCAD, BIM and 3D capabilities. Sound knowledge of Office suite is a must.
This is a growth opportunity for someone looking to combine technical expertise with developing project management skills. The position involves structural analysis and design, client interaction, management of other disciplines, and collaboration with architects and contractors.
Individual will have an opportunity to participate in business development strategies and assist in generation of proposals associated with new pursuits. Individual will work under the direction of senior personnel within a supportive learning environment and assigned to multiple projects.
DESMAN offers attractive salary and benefits package including bonus program, profit sharing, ESOP, and 401(k).
Position: Structural/Civil Engineer: 5-15+ years’ experience
Industry: Architectural & Engineering Services
Specialty: Design of Parking Structures
Company Background: DESMAN is a professional corporation with more than 100 professional and technical personnel. The firm is a leading national specialist in transportation improvements and the planning, design and construction administration of functionally efficient, attractive and cost-effective parking facilities. Since the firm's inception in 1973, DESMAN has served public, private and institutional Clients and Owners throughout the U.S. and abroad and has provided planning, design, and restoration services on thousands of parking projects.
Our firm is set up to encourage the creative process, to share ideas and talents among all of our offices throughout the United States and, deliver an exceptional end product to our clients. DESMAN embraces diversity and is committed to providing excellence in the design of parking facilities, rehabilitation programs for existing structures and innovative parking studies for all market sectors.
Project responsibilities: will include the development of structural design calculations, specifications, and oversight of the development of structural drawings including coordination with Geotechnical, Architectural, and Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing sub-consultants. The applicant will have knowledge and experience with the design of concrete structures including precast, cast-in-place and post-tension construction. The candidate must have strong knowledge of ACI 301 & 318 and IBC building codes, PCI & PTI Design Guidelines as they apply to the design of foundations, superstructures, and related building components. This position includes an on-site review of construction progress, review of testing and inspection reports and development of field reports, development of design and construction affidavits.
The position requires working under and collaborating with senior project management on parking-related projects in a prime and sub-consultant role.
Strong Computer skills: Candidates should be familiar with, or willing to learn the following engineering software systems:
- MS Office
- RISA 3D
- PT-Data & PT-Data + beams, girders
- FELT (ADAPT)
- AutoCAD (general understanding)
- Revit (general understanding)
Strong analytical skills: Candidates should be capable of entering data into a spreadsheet and manipulating it, analyze technical data, and review submittals.
Strong writing & oral skills: Candidates should be able to express themselves clearly and concisely using standard business grammar, punctuation and vernacular.
Good work ethic: Candidates are expected to be punctual, self-initiating and conscientious. Candidates should be capable of working in an office environment with a business team approach and, on an as-needed basis; outside of the office at the project site for project reviews and site visits.
- 5+ years’ experience with minimum BSCE degree and EIT/FE, PE or SE and/or Master’s degree is a plus, experienced engineers encouraged to apply.
- Experience in the design and analysis of concrete structures including:
- Foundations systems: spread footings, pile & pile cape, drilled piers, improved soils, retaining walls & shear wall systems
- Superstructures: Precast, Cast-in-Place, Post-Tensioned
- US Citizenship
- Availability to work a forty-hour standard workweek
Salary & Benefits: DESMAN offers a competitive salary and the opportunity for professional growth and career advancement. benefits to include CIGNA health insurance, available dental & vision plans and fully-paid life/disability insurance, as well as a 401(k) Plan, a Flex Spending Account (FSA), a dependent care allowance, several annual paid holidays, vacation accrual, sick time, tuition reimbursement.
Working Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Full-time
We are currently seeking an Architect in our New York office with design experience to serve as a project architect on various building projects. This is a career growth opportunity leading to a Project Management position with all responsibilities assigned thereto. The successful candidate shall have the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of project program elements and the presentation of alternative building layouts that respond to those elements maximizing available space and responding to Client input.
- Understanding of the selected structural frame and development of alternative building façade systems to complement that frame.
- Coordinate required engineering systems and communicate with sub-consultants.
- Coordinate and edit building finish sections of the project specifications.
- Take on responsibility for all drawings production activities on the assigned project including but not limited to assumptions, pertinent Code provisions, analysis, design, drafting, specifications, construction administration, etc. with minimal supervision.
- Meet with clients, contractors, vendors, and agencies and develop strong professional relationships.
- Maintain existing document quality and develop new ways of improving the quality of documents as well as the quality of a constructed product.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as an architect with demonstrated career progression required through the establishment of an NCARB record required. Registered Architect in the State of New York preferred.
- Working knowledge of building codes, particularly local building codes in New York. Demonstrated working knowledge of building façade materials and details.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Revit and AutoCAD. Working knowledge of rendering programs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Send Resumes to: Careers@desman.com
1. Listen, learn and then design
We encourage the creative process, sharing ideas and talents companywide. We welcome bright ideas, no matter where they originate.
2. Do the right thing
Behaving ethically is critical to our success. We must never do anything to compromise the trust our clients have in us and that we have in one another.
3. Communicate openly
Good communication starts at the top. Everything we say and do has the potential to affect our co-workers, team members, departments and customers. We give and receive honest feedback.
4. Embrace diversity
Inclusion creates unified, high-performance teams. Our inclusion commitment is reflected through workforce diversity, client diversity and community involvement.
5. Work together
We work side by side with one another and our clients while aiming for excellence. We believe teamwork produces the best results. You can be proud of the work you do here.
6. Stretch boundaries
We give you the freedom and latitude to be what you want to be at DESMAN, regardless of your job title and experience.